You can hear the ocean waves from 9 Dolfyn Straat which is situated in the older part of Yzerfontein and just over a five-minute level walk to the beach, the recreational club, caravan park, liquor store, grocery store, cafes and microbrewery (opening soon) are all also situated within walking distance. The location and quality of holiday home makes us your perfect option for your family getaway (we hope you enjoy it as much as we do!)
Our self-catering beach house can accommodate up to seven guests in three bedrooms. It is equipped with an alarm system that is monitored locally, has a fully walled garden (perfect for small children and pets alike) and plenty of secure parking behind the gate. Open plan living is achieved through an open plan kitchen/diner/lounge is bright and airy. The newly installed fully-fitted kitchen is well equipped with granite worktops, fridge/freezer, washing machine, a gas hob and electric oven, microwave, kettle and toaster, cutlery, crockery and utensils, ironing board and iron (and all the bits and bobs a family household requires).
The dining area has a large table with bench and chairs, with the lounge offering comfortable seating and a 37” television with full DSTV Premium. There are books, magazines and games which you are welcome to enjoy. On the stoep there is six-seater wooden dining table, plus outdoor cushioned lounge furniture where you can sit and relax whilst you wait for the wood to burn down on the indoor, or outdoor, braais, there is also a Weber for lazy Sunday roasts.
Bedroom 1 is an exceptionally large family en-suite room, with a walk-in shower, there is a queen-sized bed and a single bed (under 12s only) and plenty of room to accommodate a travel cot.
Bedroom 2 is a double room en-suite, with a walk-in shower and a queen-sized bed.
Bedroom 3 is a twin room, although the beds can be put together to make up a king-sized bed, a separate guest toilet and shower room are situated across the hall.
Please let us know the make-up of your group, couples etc., so we can make up the beds accordingly.
Things to do in Yzerfontein:
1. Bird watchers can try and spot the endangered Black Tobie on the beach or head to the saltpans to view the Pelicans and Flamingos.
2. Be on the lookout for Southern Right and Humpback whales who frequent the area for most of the year.
3. Enjoy the indigenous gardens, which can be seen everywhere.
4. The main beach is the original area where former farmers of the area used to stockpile their cattle.
5. Visit and view the rock excavations located just before the harbour entrance.
6. Visit the Kalkbranders, located next to the oldest building in Yzerfontein, the Fish House, and learn about its history.
7. Visit the beach near Kelp Street during low tide and try and spot the abandoned tractor. Locals will be able to fill you in on the background story while you get to know the area.
8. Order a picnic basket, visit Schaapeiland and take a walk along the footpath to the harbour.
9. Enjoy the sunset from the harbour wall and look out over Meeurots with the 16 Mile Beach in the distance.
10. Enjoy some Gift Shop shopping by popping in at Pretty Cute, Wild Flour, PeriWinkles, and Blikaspaai.
11. Fresh Fish is for sale from fishermen arriving at the port at the Fish Market. Or you can buy frozen products from Dassen Seafoods.
12. On your way to Yzerfontein, don’t forget to stop at Weskus Padstal and Beaulah Farm Deli on the R27
13. Enjoy coffee and conversation at Wild Flour, Feast, Boathouse, Beaches and Droograk.
14. Freshly baked goods and delicious coffee is on offer at Rosemead Artisan Bakery.
15. Tuck into fresh seafood in the open air Strandkombuis restaurant.
16. Keep a look out for camels on the R315
17. Enjoy dinner at Meeurots and Lulas
18. Friday nights are Pizza nights at Yzervark Bistro
19. Walk all of, or part of, the 16 Mile Beach.
20. Rent bicycles from Yzerfontein Explorer and see the town on two wheels!
21. Enjoy a wide variety of watersports in Yzerfontein
22. Yzerfontein offers unlimited bike routes – just bring your bike or rent one.
23. Walk the town at your leisure
24. Join the Park Run / Walk every Saturday morning.
25. Walk up Klein Windhoek farm.
Family friendly: The location and quality of holiday home make us your perfect option for your family getaway, we hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Terms & Conditions
Bookings & check-in:
• Upon your enquiry for accommodation a quote will be provided to you.
• A 30% deposit is to reserve the establishment, and full payment is required one week prior to occupation (one month for bookings during the Christmas period).
• The person responsible for making the reservations and payment should ensure that anyone else in the party has read these terms and conditions and accept full responsibility and liability thereof.
• It is the guest’s responsibility to report any defect or problem to the host at the time of taking occupancy.
• You are welcome to check in from 14:00 to 18:00 (or later, by arrangement) on the day of arrival and are required to hand in the keys by 10:00 on the day of departure.
• Parking on site is available on the driveway behind secure gates, please do not park on the grass.
• Only paying guests are allowed on the premises – visiting guest only by arrangement.
• The right of admission is reserved and strictly applied.
• Cancellation longer than 30 days, 100% refundable.
• Cancellation between 29 days and 15 days, 75% refundable.
• Cancellation between 14 and 7 days, 50% refundable.
• Cancellation less than 7 days, no refund.
Breakage & damages:
• A deposit of R1500 will be taken against any damages incurred, this will be refunded within 7 days of your departure to your nominated bank accounted.
• Beds which are slept in above the occupancy as stated by yourselves will be subject to a cleaning charge of R150 per bed.
• Bath towels are supplied but not for use on the beach, guests should provide their own beach towels.
• An inventory is provided, please notify your host as soon as possible if any items are missing or defective.
• This is a self-catering facility, but for a lengthy stay we can gladly provide you with a cleaning service by prior arrangement.
• Laundry facilities are available at the Villa Fontana Centre.
• Please make use of the dustbins provided. Refuse collections are every Monday morning, and can be placed outside the property. Please make use of the recycle bins around town, your closest is just off the main beach by the recreation club.
• Start-up cleaning materials and toilet paper are provided.
• The drains in Yzerfontein are either soak or Municipal pump drains, therefore, please use only toilet paper in the toilets. Bins are provided for any other items that need to be disposed of.
Household safety and security:
• This is a non-smoking facility, you are welcome to smoke outside, providing that you use a cigarette butt dispenser.
• Please only make fires in the braai areas, and only use charcoal in the Weber.
• We have a gas hob, for safety please turn off the gas at the cut-off switch when not in use.
• We should mention that even though Yzerfontein is statistically a very low crime area, caution should still be taken, and the premises be locked when you are away.
• A medical practitioner is available in town but unfortunately not 24 hours per day, contact numbers for them, the pharmacy and emergency medical response services are provided.
• Every effort is made to service and maintain all amenities, equipment, and appliances to a fully operable and safe condition, and guests are requested to use and operate all these in a responsible manner. Kindly report any faulty conditions to the owners.
• Our house is in a residential area, please respect our neighbours and refrain from events or parties.
• The Yzerfontein residential area is surrounded by nature reserves and Green Belts running through the town. We ask that guests respect the environment at all times.
• Apart from a variety of small wild animals there are also snakes such as Puffadders and Cape Cobras during the warmer season and it is therefore advisable not to wander into the fynbos unattended. Should you encounter a snake please contact the ‘snake catcher’ on the number provided in the information book.
• At certain times of the year, such as the breeding season, ostriches could be dangerous too, rather do not approach them at any time and give them right of way.
• Due to the fact that the West Coast is an arid environment, the local is experiencing a severe drought, please use water responsibly, this includes the washing machine.
• You are welcome to bring your furry friends with you on holiday, please bring their bedding with you and, out of courtesy for other guests, refrain from allowing them on the furniture and beds. An additional charge of R250 per pet per night, with a maximum of 2 pets per reservation.
• Some poo bags are available at the house, as well as dispensers on the beach, please make use of them around town and leave our garden clean upon departure.
Whilst every reasonable precaution has been taken to ensure the safety of our guests and their possessions on the premises, the owner, its agents, and/or its employees shall not be liable for any injury, loss, theft or damage suffered by a guest/s whilst on the premises. When booking at 9 On Dolfyn the guest/s hereby indemnifies the owner of 9 On Dolfyn and Yzerfontein Accommodation against any claims arising from any injury, loss, theft or damage suffered by them on the premises. Guests enter at own risk.
- Terms & Conditions may apply on all special offers